Role of a Mentor: Each mentor will commit meeting virtually once every month with the mentee, hosting the mentee at their worksite for the “2 days in the life of a toxicologist” job shadowing visit, and participating in three conferences. These include the inaugural workshop at the University of California Davis, Davis; the Society of Toxicology (SOT) Annual Meeting, and the capstone workshop at Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL. In addition, mentors are expected to participate in program evaluation surveys to assess program activities.
Benefits to mentors:
- Career advancement through leadership skill development
- Networking with other mentors and professionals in toxicology
- Increased visibility and recognition within the mentor’s place of work
- Giving back to the next generation of toxicologists
- Support NIH to diversify the biomedical workforce